Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Go Radio goes 'Track by Track'

Go Radio's debut record Lucky Street was released today and it looks like frontman Jason Lancaster isn't afraid of sharing his inspiration. I've been watching this band for quite a while now and I'm very pleased with the outcome of Lucky Street. It's sincere, well written and well produced and it's streaming on myspace! I'm excited to see what's in store for these kids in the future.

But about the new record...the band recently tweeted a link to this Alternative Press article. 'Track by Track' is always something I really enjoy reading. As easy as it is to get wrapped up in the business of music (especially being a record label intern), it's nice to be reminded of why people make music in the first place. Lancaster briefly and simply explains all the songs on their debut album. He tells everything  from a dream he had about NYC to how he wants to keep his father's memory alive. I think Go Radio is one of the most promising bands in the scene and I except much success coming their way soon.

P.S. They'll be playing a show at Highline Ballroom on 3/16!

No comments:

Post a Comment